Founded in 1977
In 1977 Dave and Roger Meyer co-founded Meyer Brothers Building Company. Originally located in Blue Springs, Missouri, the Meyer brothers initially specialized in sales and the erection of metal buildings.
Today the Meyer Companies are a professionally operated firm, offering expertise in full-line construction and real estate management services to commercial, industrial, and institutional users.
Today a professionally operated firm
Previous projects include banks, schools, offices, manufacturing buildings, warehouse and distribution centers, automobile dealerships, shopping centers, health care facilities, churches, family life centers, professional training facilities, and many more.
The Meyer Companies work with its clients through the entire planning and construction process to occupancy.
Current organizational participation includes the following:
- National Federation of Independent Businesses
Associated Builders and Contractors
(national and local Board of Directors)
- National Association of Realtors
- Missouri Association of Realtors
- Metro K.C. Board of Realtors
Blue Springs Economic Development Council
(Board Of Directors)
- Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council
- Lenexa Economic Development Council
Independence Council for Development
(Board of Directors)
- Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Independence Chamber of Commerce
- Lee’s Summit Chambers of Commerce
Our Depth of experience
The Meyer Companies have a tremendous depth of experience professionally managing the design and construction of projects for owners, clients, and for the personal portfolio of its principals and investors.
Our experience and relationships will provide a distinct competitive advantage because of our depth of real estate and construction expertise.
Our experience has historically been in the private sector. Validation of our abilities is found in the success of our completed projects and the continued participation in new projects of our clients and investors. We have to successfully managed our costs, design, schedule, and quality in order for our clients and investors to continue their financial commitments with us for future projects. Additionally, we invest personally in our private sector projects and we manage those investments very carefully.
Our Dedication and commitment
We will bring that same dedication and commitment to developing your new facility, ensuring that design intent, budget, schedule, safety, quality, and aesthetic requirements are met or exceeded.
Our experience includes:
- Site selection and analysis;
- Selection of and negotiations with architects, engineering firms, and consultants;
- Working with municipal, county, and other governmental agencies having jurisdiction;
- Conceptual estimating and project scheduling;
- Financial analysis;
- Preparation of Requests for Proposals;
- Analysis of proposals and qualifications;
- Construction estimates;
- Negotiations with Construction Managers and General Contractors;
- Project management;
- Review and confirmation of applications for payment;
- Commissioning of new facilities;
- Close-out processes;
- Warranty issues.
The Meyer Philosophy
Our philosophy is one of maximizing value for our clients. We are dedicated to exceeding our customer’s needs by concentrating on providing exceptional consulting, representation, and construction services.
Our systems are proven, our experience is substantial and our commitment to our clients is unsurpassed.
The Meyer Companies will work with a unified focus to achieve our goal of providing the best in all facets of design, construction, and the implementation of your project vision.